Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tough Week


We've all had a long, hard week. All three of my cats have had the run of the house all night every night. Sometimes Vante spends the night with me and growls away the other cats and other times spends the night elsewhere in the house. Perhaps she is hunting down cockroaches.

I woke up Monday morning to find that she had left a bowel movement outside her litter box, but only about a foot away. I'm not sure what that was about.

Wednesday morning she got into a physical fight with my youngest cat, Callie Mae. I wouldn't have guessed those two would get into a fight because Callie Mae is so laid back but we all have a final straw. I heard growling, hissing and then 'screaming' and tumbling. Anyway, by the time I arrived on the scene Callie Mae was under the ottoman batting out at Vante and Miss V was hissing up a storm and batting right back at her. Thanks to both of their previous owners, neither of them has their front claws, so nobody was hurt.

Last night Miss V was so cute trying to hide underneath my quilt, but her tail and sometimes her hiney was sticking out. It was so adorable that I couldn't help but laugh.

Vante is such a good cuddler. Now if she could just learn to ignore her younger sisters our household would be much more calm and relaxed. I think it's just going to take time.

No comments:

Post a Comment