Saturday, April 13, 2013

Saturday Update

Overall Vante is doing very well.  She's being her normal sweet, ornery self.
 

 I am keeping a close eye on her for several reasons.  She sneezed the entire first day she was home, but hasn't really since then.  (Although I wasn't home much of yesterday.)  She also seems to be favoring her back left leg and a bit less sure-footed than normal.  I'm guessing those last two are related.


As far as post-treatment care has gone I've learned a few things.
1-Hand Sanitizer is not the same as washing your hands.  I MUST wash my hands (even though hand sanitizer is SOOO much easier.)


2-Don't pull too hard on the gloves, they rip.

3-Use only clumping cat litter.  You can't clean the non-clumping kind well enough & you'll end up throwing it all away.

4-Don't be lazy.  If you throw away all the non-clumping litter, immediately put litter back in the box.  (Apparently the empty litter box pissed Vante off and she clearly expressed her anger quite literally.  Luckily it was on a bag on the linoleum.)

5-I touch Vante way more frequently than I thought and my hands are getting quite dry from all the hand washing. 

This video was taken Thursday, just a few minutes after we got home.  Vante sprawled on the floor as big as she could get and enjoyed some serious back scratching.


Ya'll have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment